Tweet Me!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mommy's Vacation

So we left Aidan with Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw Saturday afternoon and took off to Atlanta for the weekend, and ultimately the Tool concert on Monday night. It was nice to be able to get away and have some time for just me and Jeremy with no schedule, and no worries. We got to go to the aquarium, Ikea, and the zoo, and we also ate at a yummy Meditteranean restauarant downtown.

Sunday afternoon Aidan called (via Maw-Maw) because he had crashed his bike and needed his mommy. I talked to him for a little while and he told me what had happened and to come home and I explained that Jeremy and I had been at the aquarium and wouldn't be home for a few more days because we still wanted to go to the zoo. He wanted to go too, but I explained he couldn't because we were far away and only mommy and Jeremy were going this time, but he could go next time.

Monday Maw-Maw said he was really missing me. She said he asked where I was, and she laughed and said he knew I was in Atlanta. Then he corrected his question, pointed at a picture of me and asked if that was Mommy. Then another of me in high school (Maw-Maw confirmed it was me), then one when I was around 2 (again Maw-Maw confirmed), lastly one of me as a newborn (which Maw-Maw confirmed). Then he said okay and walked away. As if he wanted to confirm I was real. Strange how his little mind works.

One thing I really noticed through having so much phone conversation with him (I called and talked to him this afternoon when we headed home) is that he is SOOO much easier to understand now than he was not even a year ago. I think it's mostly because we spend so much time and effort talking with him - not just talking at him, but forcing him to have a conversation with us, and correcting him when he says something wrong, or asking for clarification when he says something we don't understand. I'm so proud of the progress he's made.

And it was great to have a vacation too. Now I just need a vacation from my vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment